This post contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure for more info.
This Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad recipe is full of hearty, smoky flavors. Pair with homemade ranch dressing and you’ve created the perfect summertime meal.
This chicken salad recipe is a great way to add veggies to your table while still getting that grilled chicken flavor. It’s the best of both worlds.
The best part about this simple grilled chicken cobb salad recipe is that the grilled chicken flavor really stands out.
If you’re looking for a simple way to add more veggies into your diet, pairing them up with perfectly grilled chicken is a great choice.
This recipe for making a salad with grilled chicken is certain to become a summertime favorite dish.
What are some great toppings for a grilled chicken salad?
Since the salad is the main protein, figure out what you want to pair up with it. Toppings such as tomatoes, onions, avocadoes, and even corn on the cob are always good choices.
Salads offer a great base for loading up the veggies and flavor so don’t skimp when it comes to piling those goodies high.
I always chop my veggies into small bite size pieces.
If you want to add boiled eggs to the grilled chicken salad, I always boil them in advance to shorten my prep time.
How should you oil and season your chicken before grilling?
Seasoning your chicken with your favorite seasonings and olive oil is a great way to make the skin have a nice crispy outer layer as well.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- lemon juice
- Worcestershire Sauce
- olive oil
- fresh oregano
- fresh parsley
- fresh basil
- garlic, minced
- brown sugar
- black pepper
What is the best way to grill chicken?
The best way to grill chicken is to start out cooking it on medium heat. This will be a temperature of 375 degrees. You can then add the chicken and grill for 4 minutes on each side before lowering the heat and cooking for another 15 minutes or so.
Cook until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. The best way to test that temperature is to use a meat thermometer.
How long do you grill chicken on a gas grill?
This recipe states that you’re going to cook each side for 4 minutes of medium heat and then another 10-15 minutes of low heat; however, the rest test is going to be what the internal temperature is.
How do you grill the chicken without drying it out?
You need to be certain that you’re paying attention to the cooking times. If you overcook, the chicken is going to be dry.
This is where it’s so important to have a meat thermometer. If you’re worried about drying out the chicken, you need to be certain that you’re not overheating the meat.
A meat thermometer will give you an accurate reading and is a great guide for keeping the chicken moist.
What temperature should I grill chicken?
You’re going to want to grill your chicken to reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees. To do this, you need to grill your chicken on a medium heat setting of 375 degrees for about 4 minutes on each side.
Once that has been obtained, you then can lower the heat down and continue cooking for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Do you need to let the chicken rest once it’s done grilling?
It’s also a good idea to let chicken rest so that the juices will return and it cools down a bit. Resting for 5-10 minutes can make the chicken more flavorful and juicy.
If you’re ready to learn how to make this grilled chicken salad recipe, read below. It’s a simple and easy dinner salad recipe.
If you have any leftover grilled chicken, serve it with some of these delicious grilled veggies the next day.
Grilled Veggie Recipes
- Grilled Asparagus (With Foil) – Easy Side Dish For Grilling
- How To Grill the Best Corn on the Cob (with the Husks)
Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2-4 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano minced or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ cup fresh parsley minced and lightly packed or 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- ¼ cup fresh basil minced and lightly packed or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Optional toppings
- Corn grilled or canned
- Red onion
- Hard boiled eggs
- Red peppers grilled
- Place chicken in shallow dish or resealable bag
- Whisk together ingredients for marinade in a small bowl
- Pour marinade over chicken, cover and place in refrigerator for 1-4 hours
- Remove from refrigerator, remove chicken and discard marinade
- Heat grill to medium high or 375 degrees F
- Cook chicken on each side for 4 minutes
- Turn grill to low and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F
- Remove from grill and allow to rest while you prepare the salad
- Cut lettuce and any toppings you like
- Serve with your favorite salad dressing