Deviled eggs are a must at any summer barbecue or cookout. In my opinion, having the best deviled eggs recipe starts with smoking the eggs on your favorite smoker. It’s true!
Did you know you can smoke your eggs instead of boiling them?
Check out these smoked eggs where I walk you through the process step-by-step for not only hard cooking them, but then adding that smoky flavor you’ll grow to love.
You’ll never cook eggs on the stovetop again. This method is so easy and allows you to do dozens of eggs at once.
What are the ingredients to make deviled eggs?
You’re just going to need a few ingredients to make the best deviled eggs recipe.
After you smoke your eggs, all you need is a combination of simple ingredients like mayonnaise, horseradish sauce, sweet BBQ rub, bacon & chives for garnish, and salt and pepper.
How do you make the deviled eggs filling?
Having the Best Deviled Eggs start with first smoking your eggs. But, if you must boil them, you can do that too.
Once your eggs are cooked, you proceed as normal. Slice eggs in half and scoop the yolks into a bowl. Then, use a fork to mash the yolks.
Add the mayonnaise, horseradish sauce, and sweet BBQ rub.
Mix and add more mayonnaise if the mixture is too dry.
Season with salt and pepper.
Use a spoon to add one tablespoon of mixture to each half of egg white.
Garish deviled eggs with additional sweet BBQ rub, chives, and bacon. Serve chilled.
Store leftovers in fridge for up to two to four days in an air-tight container. But, in my experience, there are never any left on the plate.
What goes good with deviled eggs?
Other BBQ Side Dish Recipes You Might Like:
Best Deviled Egg Recipe
- 12 smoked eggs
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise more if needed
- 1 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 1 tsp sweet BBQ rub
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra sweet BBQ rub to garnish
- Chives and bacon crumbles for garnish
- Slice eggs in half and scoop out the yolks into a mixing bowl
- Mash the yolks with a fork and mix together with the mayonnaise, horseradish sauce, and sweet BBQ rub. Add more mayonnaise if the mixture is too dry.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Whisk together to combine.
- With a spoon add about 1 tablespoon of mixture.
- Garnish with extra sweet BBQ rub, bacon crumbled and chives if you like 6. Serve chilled
- Store leftovers in refrigerator